Description: Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers is a game in the Carcassonne series set in the stone age. Players build a prehistoric landscape with tiles depicting forests, rivers, lakes and grasslands. They then send out members of their tribe to hunt, gather, fish and establish fishing camps. It includes many of the familiar mechanics from Carcassonne with a few new options.
How to Play (if you can play Carcassonne, you can play this version as well)
NO VIDEO OR POWER POINT (But you can use the Carcassonne Power Point to play)
Where to Play Online (I play on Yucata, but the PC version is fine.)
- Yucata (turn-based) (Free - Registration Required)
- Brett Spiel Welt (Free - Registration Required)
- Vassal Engine (Free Client Download - Never played with it)
- Carcassonne Online (Not Free - PC Version)
Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)
- Player Aid (Downloads a Word doc)
- Player Aid (Downloads a Pdf)
- Smaller Player Aid (Downloads a Power Point)
- Tile Distribution (Web Page)
- Basic Strategy: Thread on the Geek
- My Tips: Coming Soon
- Opinion: I really enjoy this game, more than regular Carcassonne. I can teach it and go over it at lunch time, at the house or online.
- Online: Works fine online, prefer it online.
- Work: Table size will be the only thing stopping us from playing anywhere we want at lunch time.
- Home: Great game for any family, just watch the small pieces.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 2-5 players, best with 2.
- Gateway Suitability: Very easy to learn, might take two games to grasp the scoring.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy likes the tile placement aspect.
- Re-playability: This game will see table and online action.
- Real Life Setup: A few minutes, just placing tiles in the bag, and handing out pieces.
- Real Life Time/Length: 45 minutes.
- Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4390