Friday, July 04, 2008

Samurai

The Basics
Description: Part of the Knizia tile-laying trilogy, this game is set in medieval Japan. Players use hexagonal tiles to surround cities, which have one to three different figures: rice paddies, Buddhas, or high hats. The tiles represent influence on particular facets of the cities, and the highest influence on a figure when the city is surrounded takes that figure. The object of the game is to have more of any one else in one category, and then have the most remaining figures.

How to Play (I had Dave show me years ago, but you can use Mr. Bass step by step guide. If we play at lunch I can show you in person.)

Where to Play Online (I play on Mabi Web, but the PC version is good)

Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)

Game Hints
  • Basic Strategy: Thread on the Geek
  • My Tips: I tend to use my boat tiles early, then hold the rest of the special tiles until the end. Mainly for extra screwage.
Views
  • Opinion: I love this game. I play it online everyday.
  • Online: The Mabi Web version, is almost like playing in person.
  • Work: Could be a little long the first time, but should be fine after that for lunch time play.
  • Home: Great game, great pieces. Scales well, and easy to understand for all family members.

Other Info

  • Plays best with: Works fine with 2-4 players, best with 2 to 3 (quicker play).
  • Gateway Suitability: Very easy to learn, might take a few turns to grasp.
  • Spouse Suitability: Chrissy likes the game. Cheat sheets help a lot.
  • Re-playability: This IMHO has high replay value.
  • Real Life Setup: A few minutes, sorting out pieces.
  • Real Life Time/Length: 45 minutes.
  • Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3

No comments:

Post a Comment