Description: No Thanks! is a card game designed to be as simple as it is engaging.
The rules are simple. Each turn, players have two options: Play one of their chips to avoid picking up the current face-up card pick up the face-up card (along with any chips that have already been played on that card) and turn over the next card.
However, the choices aren't so easy as players compete to have the lowest score at the end of the game. The deck of cards is numbered from 3 to 35, with each card counting for a number of points equal to its face value. Runs of two or more cards only count as the lowest value in the run - but nine cards are removed from the deck before starting, so be careful looking for connectors. Each chip is worth -1 point, but they can be even more valuable by allowing you to avoid drawing that unwanted card.
How to Play
- Game Pixies (Free - Registration Required)
Cheat Sheets (Not really needed for this game)
- Basic Strategy: Not really needed for this game
- My Tips: Coming Soon
- Opinion: Quick game to learn and play.
- Online: Works fine online, but very, very hard to every find anyone to play.
- Work: We could play this 2-3 times at lunch time.
- Home: An ok game to play.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 3-5 players, best with 4.
- Gateway Suitability: Very easy to learn, maybe to easy.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy has not played the game yet.
- Re-playability: High replay as a end of night game.
- Real Life Setup: A few minutes of shuffling cards and given out pieces.
- Real Life Time/Length: 20 minutes.
- Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/12942