Description: Hive is a highly addictive strategic game for two players that is not restricted by a board and can be played anywhere on any flat surface. Hive is made up of twenty two pieces, eleven blue and eleven silver, resembling a variety of creatures each with a unique way of moving.
With no setting up to do, the game begins when the first piece is placed down. As the subsequent pieces are placed this forms a pattern that becomes the playing surface (the pieces themselves become the board). Unlike other such games, the pieces are never eliminated and not all have to be played. The object of the game is to totally surround your opponent's queen, whilst at the same time trying to block your opponent from doing likewise to your queen. The player to totally surround his opponent's queen wins the game.
How to PlayWhere to Play Online (Both are fine, I play at Hive Mania)
Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)Game HintsViews
- Opinion: :Learn it, and lets play some. Great game for two players.
- Online: Works perfectly online
- Work: We could play 3-4 games at lunch time.
- Home: Bugs and easy game play, lead to a great family game.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 2 players, best with 2.
- Gateway Suitability: Very easy to learn, player aid helps.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy hasn't played it.
- Re-playability: Very high.
- Real Life Setup: A few minutes of getting your pieces.
- Real Life Time/Length: 20 minutes.
- Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2655