Description: Players struggle for influence over regions of Europe by placing two different type of control markers, Monasteries and Advisors. Monasteries are the basic placement, with the goal of securing a majority in a region or chain of monasteries or even decent points from second place. The placement of the Advisors is more restricted as the total number of Advisors in a region is limited by the majority player's number of monasteries. The game is played in two rounds and is very fast paced.
How to PlayWhere to Play Online
- Online Brett Spiele (Free Solo Play - Kardinal & König)
- Brett Spiel Welt (Free - Registration Required)
Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)
- Teaching Aid (Downloads a Word doc)
- Basic Strategy: Thread on the Geek
- My Tips: Coming Soon
- Opinion: A solid game, I do like it, but I don't play it much.
- Online: Works fine online
- Work: A solid lunch time game.
- Home: Good game, better options are out there.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 3-5 players, best with 3.
- Gateway Suitability: Fairly easy to learn, not sure if it is a gateway.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy hasn't played.
- Re-playability: Could be mid to high for some.
- Real Life Setup: A few minutes, sorting cards and pieces.
- Real Life Time/Length: 45 minutes.
- Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/491