Description: One thing is certain: in the middle ages, the best living was to be found behind the protection of nice thick castle walls and towers. But once they're standing, you can take you time building houses and palaces behind them. And if that goes especially well, the castles grow and merge with each other. To accomplish that, you only need some tactical skill and the right cards.
But watch out: You need to sense when the best time to play your cards is in order to score the most points. Masons (Mauerbauer), a tense castle-building game about points and palaces.
How to PlayWhere to Play Online
- Yucata (Free - Registration Required)
Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)Game HintsViews
- Opinion: Played it when it first came out at the Gathering. I really enjoyed at that time. Got bored of it, then online play got me back into it, and into purchasing it.
- Online: Works fine online.
- Work: Could be to long the first time, but should be fine after that for lunch time play.
- Home: Ok, better choices available.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 2-4 players, best with 3.
- Gateway Suitability: Not that hard to learn, might take two games to grasp scoring and and card play.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy hasn't played it yet.
- Re-playability: At this time, I would say low after the newness factor goes away.
- Real Life Setup: Five plus minutes of separating pieces.
- Real Life Time/Length: Without the expansions 45 minutes.
- Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/21791