Description: One of the two players represents Jack the Ripper, who will be one of the 8 characters on the board. This player knows the identity of this character and his goal is to flee from the district as soon as possible (or avoid being accused for eight turns). The other player represents an independent investigator (not represented on the board) who tries to guess the identity of Jack. But he can make only one accusation during the game!
During each turn the players move the characters, using their special powers, placing them either in shadow or light. At the end of each turn, the witnesses declare if Jack is visible (in light, or adjacent to another character) or not (alone in the shadows). This allows the investigator to know which characters are innocent. This continues as the investigator tries to eliminate suspects while Jack tries to escape. Intuition, logic and cold blood will be necessary for each of the two participants.
How to PlayWhere to Play Online
- Biludi (Free - Registration Required)
Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)Game Hints
- Basic Strategy: Thread on the Geek
- My Tips: Coming Soon
- Opinion: After a few plays, this game hits a nice two player game.
- Online: Works great online
- Work: Pretty quick, could play 2-3 times at lunch time.
- Home: Great game, not sure if theme is family friendly.
- Plays best with: Works best with 2.
- Gateway Suitability: Very easy to learn, not that hard to teach. Could be a two player gateway game.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy hasn't played it.
- Re-playability: Very high IMHO.
- Real Life Setup: A few minutes of sorting pieces.
- Real Life Time/Length: 30 minutes (less after you know the rules, and no AP).
- Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/21763