Description: Players have hands of four cards numbered 1 through 19. Play 1, 2, 3, or 4 cards to place a stone on the game board, which consists of 36 numbered squares in a non-obvious order.
The yucata implementation allows for alternate arrangements.
The goal is to claim four squares in a line, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. But multiple stones can be placed on a square, and a square is only safe if a player has two more stones on it than any other player. If four-in-a-row is not achieved within 20 turns, the game ends in favor of the player with the most points.
How to PlayWhere to Play Online
- Yucata (Free - Registration Required)
Cheat Sheets (None on the Geek)Game Hints
- Basic Strategy: Coming Soon
- My Tips: Coming Soon
- Opinion: Learned this online, and lead me to purchase the actual game. So far I like it, still need to learn all the tricks.
- Online: Works fine online, if not better and quicker online.
- Work: Very easily can be played at lunch. Probably 3-4 games if we wanted.
- Home: Good game to play with kids and adults. Not that hard to learn.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 2-4 players, best with 2.
- Gateway Suitability: Very easy to learn, but not a gateway game.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy likes it so far.
- Re-playability: Online very high, offline could find better.
- Real Life Setup: A few minutes.
- Real Life Time/Length: 20 minutes.
- Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/17534