Description: Axis & Allies (2004) aka Axis & Allies Revised Edition is the fourth edition of the classic light weight war game Axis and Allies. The game simulates the entire scope of World War II.
The game is nominally designed for five players, representing the Allies: United States of America, United Kingdom and Russia vs. the Axis: Germany and Japan. However, it is most often played as a two-player game.
Axis & Allies features a simple dice-based combat system; a small number of types of naval, air and land units; territory control; and technology research to improve unit capabilities.
Major new features of Axis & Allies (2004) include new units (e.g. destroyers, artillery), revised unit capabilities (e.g. armor defend at 3, fighters cost 10 IPCs), directed technology research, and totally new victory conditions (key territories must be controlled to win the game).
How to PlayWhere to Play Online
- Gleemax (Free - Registration Required)
Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)Game Hints
- Basic Strategy: Thread on the Geek (Part 1)
- Basic Strategy: Thread on the Geek (Part 2)
- My Tips: Coming Soon
- Opinion: Oldie and a good, long but fun.
- Online: Works fine online, maybe even better online.
- Work: Online only.
- Home: Great game for teenagers and above.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 2-5 players, best with 2.
- Gateway Suitability: For war games ok, otherwise it might be to long.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy wont play.
- Re-playability: Very high when I was a teen. Now it takes to long in person.
- Real Life Setup: It takes a while.
- Real Life Time/Length: Two to Four Hours.
- Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/10093