Lost Cities is a two-player card game by Kosmos. The object is to mount profitable expeditions to one or more of the five different lost cities. Card play is quite straightforward, with a few agonizing moments sprinkled through what is mostly a fast-moving game. If you start a given expedition, you'd better make some progress in it, or it'll score you negative points. If you can make a lot of progress, you'll score quite well. After three rounds, the highest total score takes the day.
How to Play (with Scott or Mr. Bass)
- Board Games with Scott (Video)
- You Tube (Video)
- Mr. Bass (Web Guide)
- Flex Games (Online Rules)
- Your Turn My Turn (Online Rules)
- Rio Grande Games (Official Rulebook)
- Flex Games (Real Time) (Free - Registration Required)
- Your Turn My Turn (Turn Based, or Solo) (Free - Registration Required)
- Brett Spiel Welt (Real Time) (Free - Registration Required)
Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)
- Basic Strategy: Thread on the Geek
- More Strategy: A Deeper Thread on the Geek
- My Tips: Focus on two to three colors. Typically focus on two, play one, while you build your hand on the other color.
- Opinion: I enjoy this game. Plays quickly, lots of decisions. Do you focus on two or three colors, do you grab cards first, do you play cards. Not that deep, but just enough choices.
- Online: Works fine online and quick
- Work: Very easily could be played in 20-30 minutes at lunch time.
- Home: Great game for family, kids, or gamer. Most folks point to this as the gateway for a spouse game.
- Plays best with: It is a two player game.
- Gateway Suitability: Very easy to learn, might take two games to grasp farmer scoring.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy like this a lot, she beat me in it.
- Re-playability: This has a high replay value. Two player game, that is easy to grasp and play.
- Real Life Setup: A few minutes, just shuffle the cards place the board and start.
- Real Life Time/Length: Depends on how many rounds, but easily under 30.
- Link at the Geek: http://boardgamegeek.com/game/50