Description: Fist of Dragonstones is a closed-fist, bidding game. Players try to outwit their opponents by using gold and magic coins to buy control of an ever-changing cast of enchanted character cards. Those characters' powers collect valuable Dragonstones; lend their magical powers; help foil other players, and convert Dragonstones into victory.
For each character card, players choose the number of coins they want to bid by placing them in a closed fist. All players reveal their bets at the same time with the winner of the auction then gaining control of the card's powers. Depending on the card they may: win additional coins or Dragonstones; place spells on other players; or win scoring points.
How to Play
Where to Play Online
- Days of Wonder (Free - Registration Required)
Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)
- Player Aid (Downloads a Pdf)
- Good Review/Strategy: Thread on the Geek
- My Tips: Coming Soon
- Opinion: I enjoyed this game.
- Online: Works fine online.
- Work: Could be to long the first time, but should be fine after that for lunch time play.
- Home: Could be a good family game.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 3-6 players, best with 3 (others say 3-5).
- Gateway Suitability: Very easy to learn.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy hasn't played this yet..
- Re-playability: It doesn't see table action.
- Real Life Setup: A few minutes, just sorting out pieces.
- Real Life Time/Length: 45 minutes.
- Geek Link: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4471