Description: Queen's Necklace is a game of gem-selling, influence, and intrigue at the Court. Two to four players compete in the role of Royal Jeweler to sell rare jewels to the Queen and her court.
Jeweler's loop in hand, you must decide how best to spend your hard-earned ducats: on the acquisition of beautiful gems (diamonds, emeralds, and rubies); or to buy the favors of the various court followers. After three years of craftsmanship, the jeweler who sells the most precious gems and builds the largest fortune will receive the coveted title of King's Jeweler and a place at the Court!
Set in Paris, on the eve of the French Revolution
From the slums, where purse-snatchers and courtesans work their respective trades, to the inner salons of the Louvre, where confessors, royal astrologers, musketeers, and court favorites mingle and scheme in hushed conversations. The position of King's Jeweler has suddenly become a lot more dangerous!
How to Play
- Days of Wonder (Official Video, Rules, Score sheet)
- Days of Wonder (Free - Registration Required)
Cheat Sheets (None)
- Basic Strategy:
- My Tips: Coming Soon
- Opinion: I own it, I've tried it and I like it, but no real opinion on it yet.
- Online: Works fine online and easy to learn with tutorials
- Work: Could be played in an hour during lunch time play.
- Home: Should be a good game for the family.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 2-4 players, best with 3.
- Gateway Suitability: Easy to learn, might take two games to grasp.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy hasn't played this yet.
- Re-playability: Infrequent it doesn't see table or online action.
- Real Life Setup: A few minutes, just sorting out pieces.
- Real Life Time/Length: 45 minutes.
- Geek Link: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6068