Description: Another game in Alea's bookcase series, this game takes place in India. There are twelve turns with an auction for up to six different prizes each turn. Players use cards to bid for the various prizes. The trick is when you take a turn and you've got the highest bid on a prize, you can either spend more cards to try for other things or simply take your winnings and walk away. The prizes are mostly positions on the board and players get more points for connecting provinces on the map. But as is typical for Dr. Knizia, there are several other ways of scoring points in this game. After the final area on the board is auctioned, the player with the highest point total takes the game.
How to Play (I can go over the rules with you)
- Hilinski (Free - Registration NOT Required)
Cheat Sheets (from the Geek)
- Basic Strategy: Thread on the Geek
- My Tips: Coming Soon, but for now try it online. Grab cards the first few rounds, then start the bidding wars.
- Opinion: Play it online a few times, and then you are hooked. Some tough choices at times on what to do (bid more, take less, grab cards, etc).
- Online: Works great online.
- Work: Not enough time at lunch, until everyone gets on the same page.
- Home: Could work at home, might take a game or two to get the game down pat.
- Plays best with: Works fine with 3-5 players, best with 4.
- Gateway Suitability: Would not call this a gateway game, but not a bad game after your past just playing gateway games.
- Spouse Suitability: Chrissy has not played the game yet.
- Re-playability: Very high online, so-so in person.
- Real Life Setup: 5 minutes or so, sorting pieces and cards.
- Real Life Time/Length: 90 minutes.
- Geek Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/475